Redacción AlabrentPreviewed at Fespa 2023, the new XpertJet 1462UF A1+ flatbed printer is an addition to Mutoh’s existing award-winning XpertJet A3+ and A2+ desktop direct to object printers. Next to a larger print table, the XPJ-1462UF features two print heads and two brand new extra wide UV lamps to drastically enhance high quality multi-layer print productivity. The new printer will cater a wide range of requirements, including 2.5D direct-to-object, industrial, packaging, awards and sign & display printing, including ADA compliant braille.
Stephan Heintjens, Product Marketing and Product Application manager for Mutoh Europe comments: “Feedback on our new printer from the prelaunch at FESPA has been very positive. We are extremely excited about this printer and are delighted to make it available to the Europe, Middle East and Africa markets. Having this new XpertJet 1462UF printer means that Mutoh now offers a complete direct-to-object range covering small format as well as the new bigger format, which is a perfect match for the popular 70x100 cm screenprinting format. The XpertJet 1462UF has a sturdy and precise chassis for extremely precise ink dot placement and high quality print results.”
He continues “With the XpertJet 1462UF, we have drastically increased the overall productivity to meet the quality and speed requirements of the size. The printer has two print heads on board mounted in a staggered setup and two brand new 4” multi-segmented UV LED curing lamps. This setup enables us to produce two layer prints in one pass at double the speed of printers having only one print head and curing lamp. The print table with integrated 4 zone vacuum table has holes to fix jigs, allowing great flexibility in media selection. The printer is powered by our VerteLith genuine RIP software”.
“This is a machine that will prove to be very attractive to lots of businesses, in particular screen printers looking to add more digital direct-to-object printing to their workflow and industrial printers wanting to add more versatility and colour to their services, concludes Stephan Heintjens.
XpertJet 1462UF – Key Features
- 1420 mm (55.9”) x 700 mm (27.5”) table size – integrated four zone vacuum bed supporting weights up to 50 kg/m²
- Prints on objects up to 150 mm (5.91”) – Automated media height detection.
- Two piezo drop on demand inkjet heads, staggered setup. Head 1 CMYK, Head 2 White & varnish – allow fast multi layer printing. Print resolutions up to 1440 x 1440 dpi.
- 2 new 4” (101.6 mm) UV LED curing lamps for fast curing.
- Automated nozzle check unit in combination with Mutoh’s Nozzle Area Select technology reduces loss of prints and downtime.