Redacción AlabrentCompared to their predecessors, the Fiery IC-319 boosts raster image processor (RIP) speed by 40% and the Fiery IC-318L boosts processing speed by an impressive 68%. Print organisations will also be able to take advantage of Fiery HyperRIP performance-enhancing technology (Fiery IC-319 server with eight RIPs, or the Fiery IC-318L server with two RIPs) for uninterrupted print production.
Maximum workflow efficiency and colour accuracy
The Fiery IC-319 DFE for the Konica Minolta AccurioPress C7100 is based on the high-performance Fiery NX Premium hardware platform and is designed to handle complex, image heavy, or variable data jobs. It includes a complete set of Fiery prepress and makeready solutions to help maximise workflow efficiency, maintain colour quality to a set standard, and reduce rework and waste.
“Our customers continue to drive digital printing to new levels of quality and versatility, and with these new EFI Fiery DFEs, we are extending the range of what AccurioPress users can achieve even further,” said Dino Pagliarello, Senior Vice President, Product Management and Planning, Konica Minolta.
The latest Fiery FS400 Pro software running on the new DFEs provide highly advanced functionality in the areas of colour and imaging, productivity, and workflow automation.
- Fiery JobExpertTM offers built-in intelligent automation. It analyses incoming PDF files and dynamically chooses the optimal print settings to achieve the highest quality while optimising processing time.
- Users can visually define finishing settings on the product’s content with the Fiery Finishing Designer, easily accessible within Fiery Command WorkStation®, for Konica Minolta’s TU-510 Inline Trimmer Unit to ensure jobs will be correctly finished without wasting time and media.
- Both DFEs use EFI’s premier, next-generation Fiery Edge™ colour profiling technology. Fiery Edge delivers stunning out-of-the-box colour and produces better colour and image details by taking full advantage of the printer’s resolution, imaging, gamut, and media capabilities.
- Fiery Spot Pro software helps users reproduce perfect brand colours from design to print. Part of the Fiery Graphic Arts Pro Package, it is standard on the IC-319 and optional on the IC-318L.
- The two Fiery DFEs also come with EFI Fiery JobFlowTM Base prepress automation software to streamline job preparation. Users have the flexibility to upgrade to Fiery JobFlow to take advantage of advanced automation features like intelligent job routing, advanced scripting, customer approval workflows, and more.
Fiery IC-319 and IC-318L users will also benefit from EFI ColorGuardTM a cloud-based colour verification solution and winner of the 2019 PRINTING United Alliance Product of the Year Award for software colour enhancement. ColorGuard ensures that print systems are operating at their full colour quality potential. ColorGuard can drive automated colour verification using an optional Konica Minolta IQ-501 Intelligent Quality Optimizer to verify against industry colour standards such as G7 or a custom colour reference.
“Fiery goes beyond being the fastest DFE by far in the marketplace, and we are pleased to be able to offer Konica Minolta AccurioPress users higher out-of-the-box print quality and more efficient intelligent automation with these new DFEs,” said John Henze, vice president, sales and marketing, EFI Fiery. “Not only will print businesses benefit from enhanced productivity, our solutions will also give users the power to easily get colour right every time to make the most of their production printing investments.”
The new Fiery DFEs are available from Konica Minolta and authorised Konica Minolta resellers. For more information about EFI Fiery Driven products, visit www.efi.com or contact 800-875-7117.