Mactac has presented its annual creative awards at FESPA 2017, recognising designers and installers who create innovative and stand out designs with the Mactac creative product portfolio.
Mactac Creative Awards 2016, the winners.
Sylvie Boone, marketing communications manager, Mactac Europe, said that helping installers to explore and expand the limits of creativity is very rewarding for Mactac: “It is always inspiring to see what our installer partners can achieve, and our annual awards consistently provide a showcase for some outstanding work. This year’s submissions were judged against three criteria – creativity, design and impact – and we have once again seen some truly exceptional results that delight and surprise the viewer.”
All qualifying projects submitted to the awards are initially promoted by Mactac for 30 days, during which the professional jury and the public can vote, giving valuable wider exposure to participants. The month’s highest rated project becomes “project of the month”, and a prize goes to the overall winner of the year in 6 categories. An additional ‘New Product of the Year award’ was also presented for projects using TF 900 BF FlexChrome.
- Busads Pet Ltd (Singapore) won the 2017 ‘outdoor decoration’ award category, for “River Safari - 3D pond”, an arresting 3D-effect floor sticker printed and installed onto the floor of River Safari Singapore.
- Cut’n Copy Ltd (UK) won the ‘non-promotional interior decoration’ category, for “Wall Art prints at Northwick Park Hospital”. The charitable ‘Nightingale Project’ was designed to to bring art and music into hospitals and other healthcare settings.
- Nicolas Lachambre (France) won ‘interior and exterior decoration of shops & outlets’ for “Puits de lumière”;
- DecoAder (France) won ‘vehicles’ for “Campagne La Poste/Star Wars”, using ingenious images of Star Wars characters appearing to be inside vans and post boxes.
- ATM Communication (France) won the ‘boats’ category for “the Barracuda Tour”, decorating 14 barracuda motorboat hulls with creative graphics. ATM also won the public choice awards.
Stefano Pogliani, Sales Director for Mactac, presented the 2017 awards during a ceremony hosted on Mactac booth at FESPA in Hamburg, on Wednesday 10 May. The ceremony was followed by dinner for all of the category winners and Mactac Staff at an exclusive venue in Hamburg. All winning entries are also promoted in the awards prize book.
Sylvie Boone said that the award ceremony was a valuable opportunity to exchange ideas: “There is a real sense of excitement at these awards, with so many talented graphics professionals in one place. For us, it’s a chance to talk about trends, and to find out what we can do to support our customers further. For installers, there is plenty of time to swap ideas and see who is doing what in the industry. Above all, this is about celebrating the highest levels of creative vision and technical excellence.”
The projects were judged partly by public vote, and partly by a highly experienced and independent jury, including graphics designers, communicators, marketers and journalists from around Europe. All of the jury members were invited to take part based on their experience and technical expertise.